Thursday, June 25, 2009

Promoting my book in Dublin, Ireland


[Gene Kerrigan, Dublin reporter and author]

Mr. K.,
this is Paul Lennon; you kindly called my sister, C., today by mobile after I had gone to the Irish Independent office on Talbot St, a somewhat unorthodox approach to getting in touch with you.
For some years over in the Wash DC area I put a memoir together about my life with the Legion of Christ [1961-84]; I discovered your book, Another Country but did not read it then because I wanted to draw on my own memories and to avoid plagiarism. Anyway I self published with Amazon.com

Our Father [Maciel] who art in heaven, A Naive and Sentimental Dubliner in the Legion of Christ by J. Paul Lennon

I added the priest's name "Maciel" to make the title a bit more palatable to those Catholics scandalized by the first title. They probably are still scandalized. My book does not focus on clergy abuse as such but on my dealings with Fr. Marcial Maciel, the 'charismatic' founder of that religious order and lay movement, Regnum Christi, the Mexican version of the Opus Dei, alive and well in the USA and other countries including the Emerald Isle.
You suggested I leave a copy with your friend at the Irish Ind and I hope to do so tomorrow. I appreciate you calling my sister and for your kind interest,
Paul Lennon,
formerly of 98 Faussagh Ave, Cabra West [circa 1945-61]

No comments:

Post a Comment