Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Do I want Maciel to Sizzle in Hell?


[the blogger at the age of 12, the age of Maciel's victims when the abuse started]



A friend wrote:

I am grateful for the gospel injunction that I not judge lest I BE judged. Maciel's deathbed refusal of the Sacraments of Annointing & Reconciliation shocks me. May God have mercy on him.


Blogger's response:

I do not totally accept reports regarding Fr Maciel's last moments, whether receiving or not the Sacraments. It is very hard to know the facts. Nobody will come out publicly and put his head on the block behind his allegations/reports. We have only unconfirmed "rumors" from inside and out, from friends and enemies. And I, despite it all, am not an "enemy of Maciel", and derive no particular pleasure from thinking of him sizzling in Hell for all eternity.

On the other hand he does deserve some punishment for all his evil deeds -especially the sex abuse of minors which is so traumatic and damaging - and for getting off almost Scott Free in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment