Saturday, June 2, 2012

"I will have no Adulterous Priests in the Legion of Christ" (Marcial Maciel)

                                              Adulterous priest in Dublin pub March 2012


As I describe in my memoir(!) "Our Father Maciel who art in bed...." [book and Kindle]
Fr. Maciel confronted me one day in Mexico City, circa 1980, in the gardens of Quinta Pacelli, with that vehement accusation... I was then a 37 year old LC priest running the School of Faith in the residential Lomas de Chapultepec section of the giant metropolis; he was the Superior General of the order and was 60 years of age. a paragon of apostolic zeal and flawless customs.

Historic words, as we now know from later revelations.

Read how I 'defended myself' from that accusation at the time and how Fr. Maciel later apologized to me and why. I won that round with the Master of Deceit, but he won the battle, shipping me off to the Quintana Roo Mission two years later to teach me another lesson in humility ...

No comments:

Post a Comment